[MacBook] "FETCH" and web file formatting

 

(If this is OT, please reply privately.)

I'm a web newbie, trying to upload files to a site. The files are in
NeoOffice and I'm using Fetch to upload them.

My problem: The NeoOffice files are single spaced (with carriage
returns; they're lists) and have spacing within lines to make items
line up. After I upload them, they are double spaced and wherever
there were several spaces within a line, it has been reduced to one
space.

I made sure I set the transfer mode to Text. The Fetch FAQ does not help.

I need to get these files uploaded in decent shape in the next few
days, so I would greatly appreciate help.

(In case someone is curious, this is the Civil War Units File, a list
of more than 3000 people who are willing to help others research
specific units in the U.S. Civil War. I have maintained this for
about 20 years but up to now I have sent the files to someone else to
upload. That option no longer exists so I got web space on
rootsweb.com and am climbing a steep learning curve.)

adTHANKSvance!
Carol Botteron

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment