Re: [MacBook] Re: Mac Mail

 

Thanks- i should have mentioned the version. 10.6.? Im pretty sure. Ill have to confirm Friday. But i am under the impression that mac mail for lion uses the same locations.

Ill confirm asap

Sincerely,

B

Sent from my personal cellular communication device; Please excuse my brevity.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 2:52 PM, "Hummerbydesign" <rhum1@shaw.ca> wrote:

> This is an interesting topic. Which operating system are you using and referring to as I cannot find the files mentioned in your response when going into the "library" folder.
>
> --- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, Ted LaMar <tedlamar@...> wrote:
> >
> > Im not a fan of the migration tool!
> >
> > In my experience, when moving from a machine that has been in use for 5-ish years, 60 percent of what the tool migrates you dont need anyway..... This is just my opinion. I dont like stale stuff.
> >
> > Merging two mac mail accounts I dont think can be done. I usually recommend just initializimg the new mail program (by launching it once) then overwriting the following key folders/file:
> > /library/app support/addressbook
> > /library/mail
> > /library/preferences/com/apple.mail.plist
> >
> > As previuosly mentioned, this will OVERWRITE anything you have already downloaded or set up in the new mac mail app.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment