[MacBook] Re: Air Core i7 vs Pro Core i5

 

Thank you. I'd never heard of that particular website before. It appears the Air would be an equal performer to the 13" Pro I already have. Actually, the Air i7 is about 15% faster than the latest 13" Pro I could find but that is probably one or maybe two upgrades older than mine so I suspect pretty much equivalency, perhaps a slight edge to the Air with an extra 4gb of RAM installed. Thanks again for the link.

--- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, Bob Cook <cookrd1@...> wrote:
>
> Here are some tests -
> http://www.primatelabs.com/blog/2012/06/macbook-air-pro-benchmarks/
>
> Regarding screen size, my personal opinion is bigger is always better. But
> then you have to consider portability. Listening to podcasts, most people
> say the 11" is just to small.
>
> Resolution is important also. I am currently playing with a 11.6" Windows
> 8 pro tablet with a full HD screen. It may be beautiful, but it is almost
> useless for most tasks because everything is just too small for me (simple
> to change in windows, but then the text doesn't look as sharp to me as it
> does on its native setting).
>
> -Bob
>
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM, texasexpediter <K5LDB.Leo@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I've got a 6 mo old 13" Macbook Pro with the 2.5ghz Core i5 processor. I'm
> > thinking about getting an Air. I'm looking at both the 11" Core i7 and the
> > 13" Core i5. I know the 13" 1.8ghz Core i5 isn't going to compare with the
> > 2.5ghz Core i5 in my 13" Pro. What I don't know is how the 2.0ghz Core i7
> > compares to a 2.5ghz Core i5. I will go with the 8gb ram in either one. I
> > have 4gb in my Pro.
> >
> > So, how much difference is there between the i5 and i7? How much
> > difference does the extra 4gb of memory make? How much difference does the
> > flash memory make over the standard HDD? How much, if any, difference does
> > the 11" screen make since there's less real estate to process at any given
> > time? Bottom line, if the current model 13" standard configuration Pro is
> > the baseline and assigned a value of 1000 approximately where would one
> > expect the two Air configs to fall?
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment