Re: [MacBook] Macbook firewire problem

 

On 10/20/11 11:39 AM, moem wrote:

> My external hard-drive (Lacie, 1TB), which stores most video files, is
> not showing on my desk-top. It is connected to Macbook Pro through
> fire-wire 800 and I can feel reverberations/life in the hard-drive
> when connected to Macbook Pro, but the icon does not appear on
> desktop. I have also checked it in About This Mac > More Info >
> Hardware > Firewire, and it does not show the Lacie hard drive.
>
> I bought a new Lacie hardrive thinking the hard-drive may have a
> problem but the new hard-drive is having the same problem. When I
> connect it through USB then hard-drive shows. I also took the MacBook
> Pro to Apple Store to get the firewire 800 checked and it worked ok
> with their harddrive. My firewire cords were also tested and they are ok.
>

Did you take the original HD along to have it verified at the Apple store?

Try an HD that is NOT identical unit to the one that is misbehaving.

Jack

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment