[MacBook] Re: 2006 Macbook Linux question

 

I am so glad you asked this question. My MacBook is 2007 and is running Snow Leopard. I anticipate that when the next OS comes out this summer Snow Leopard will no longer be supported. I am also considering going to Linux.

Now, the reason for being concerned about an unsupported OS is the issue of Internet security. The question is, do the various Linux versions maintain a current security level? In other words, is it worth the trouble to go to Linux or should I just stay off the internet (like that will ever happen). Which one is the most actively maintained and updated?

I have already run into this with a first generation iPod Touch which I have jail broken but I am not sure about the security situation with it, either.

Kate
(I'm a grandma and if I can do it, so can you!)

--- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, "tonypotato@..." <tonypotato@...> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone, I have the Early 2006 MacBook pro. And I'm thinking of
> turning it in to a Linux desktop since it's no longer supported by
> Apple. Have any of you done this? What version of linux would you
> recommend?
> I saw this course about Ubuntu http://umighty.com/ubuntu-course
> <http://umighty.com/ubuntu-course> and think It might be what I need
> considering I'm still horrified of the command line. I've also heard
> that Mint is a good option too.
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment