RE: [MacBook] IPad vs. Kindle etc.?

I have a Kindle and an iPad 2. I would recommend the iPad 2 or the newest iPad hands down.I don't have the Kindle Fire so I can't speak for it. The Kindle though is easier to read outdoors.The iPad has much better clarity inside. But the number of apps and the flexibility is tremendous! Mike
To: macbook@yahoogroups.com
From: botteron@alum.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:22:33 -0400
Subject: [MacBook] IPad vs. Kindle etc.?


























Can someone please point me to a comparison of the iPad vs. Kindle and

similar devices?



I'll be taking a train ride (3 days each way) and want to be able to read

without lugging lots of books. Not sure whether the train will have wifi

but if I'm somewhere that does, I'd like to be able to check my email.

Apparently some Kindle-like devices have this capability. One question

is which devices can run for 3 days without needing a new charge.



If I get something that can connect to the net, I'd like to be able to

use it at home too. I have used Macs since the 80s but always with a

modem cable (have DSL now) so I'm pretty clueless about wirelessness.

What would I need to be able to use an iPad/whatever?



Recommendations of the best new toy, or any suggestions, would be

welcome. adTHANKSvance!
















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
macbook-digest@yahoogroups.com
macbook-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
macbook-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Post a Comment