Re: [MacBook] How to Reset TERMINAL.app on MacBook Pro

 

On 4 Jul 2012, at 3:51 PM, Dale Dreher wrote:

> System Software issue: How to Reset TERMINAL.app on MacBook Pro:
>
> I recently upgraded my system software from 10.6.8, to Lion 10.7.4. With 10.6.8 my Shift-Command-4 Screenshots were JPGs. now with 10.7.4 they are .PNG files by default.
>
> I have heard there is a text to paste into the Terminal.app under Applications/Utilities/Terminal - I tried that and messed it up somehow. Now I cant take screenshots at all. I tried to Restore my Terminal.app to last weeks settings via Time Macine Restore, but since it is System software it won't restore. So, now what do I do?
>
> I know about using Grab for Screenshots but the default file format on that is .Tiff and there are too many steps. I take Lots of screenshots and the MacBook keystrokes worked very well except that there have begun to be .PNGs. I would be happy to just get back to the PNGs at this point.
>
> Any ideas very much welcome.

Hi Dale,

Terminal is simply a tool that lets you get down to the command line layer of OS X/Unix and, in this case, directly edit some system settings. So you don't need to reset Terminal itself. You need to reset whatever settings were borked.

If you are a beginner at this, I'd recommend using a free tool like Onyx. It lets you adjust "hidden" OS settings like this, but gives you a graphical interface in which to do it. Much easier/safer.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php

In Onyx, screen capture settings are under Parameters > General. Hopefully, setting those to JPEG in Onyx will overwrite whatever you did earlier from Terminal (maybe adjust this to PNG and back to JPEG a couple of times to be sure).

If that doesn't work, let us know exactly what you typed into Terminal.

Good luck!

G

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment