Picture Of The Day

Members of the U.S. Air Forces Central Band "Total Force" take a photo with audience members on Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, Dec. 20, 2012. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Jonathan Snyder

U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Michelle Hooper plays the accordion during a performance for the 772nd Expeditionary Airlift Squadron on Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, Dec. 20, 2012. Hooper, a musician, is assigned to the U.S. Air Forces Central Band "Total Force." U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Jonathan Snyder

My Comment: A small confession .... when I was young and growing up in Russia I did not only play the piano and guitar, but I was also a professional accordion player and yes .... I did play in a few military halls. So when I see a U.S. soldier playing an accordion .... and a woman at that .... it is a guaranteed 'picture of the day'.

Sighhh .... the memories .... makes me want to pull out the old squeeze box and see if I still 'have it'.

Update: I still have it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment