Re: [MacBook] Lion?

I think it generally sped things up a bit on my Macs, and it has some security features and general bug fixes that are helpful under the hood. I actually like versioning, although many hate it. In any case it isn't implemented in many applications. Mission Control and the new Spaces is awful. iCloud is not worth payiing for, if that is your reason for upgrading. You can get its services other ways by better vendors. I'm not sure if Filevault 2 is part of Lion, but it is so much better they shouldn't have called it Filevault.

If this were an update to a regular application, it might be one I'd skip. I probably have a few applications that require Lion, but I generally keep up with Mac updates just because it tends to make like easier for me in the long run, and I want the security upgrades. Apple's interface is getting rather sad and tired; I've actually bought utilities recently that make it work more like what I've come to like in Win 7…heaven forfend.

Rob

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
macbook-digest@yahoogroups.com
macbook-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
macbook-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Post a Comment