Re: [MacBook] Lion?

 

Thanks Dave.
Guess I'll skip the upgrade.
Stan

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM, studiodave <studiodave@sistudio.net> wrote:

> I was just forced to move to Lion and have many programs that will not run
> in it. They are PPC code only.
> Check all your programs to see if they are compatible with Lion first.
> Don't upgrade just to upgrade. If all your apps work in Lion and you want
> some feature that is only in Lion then and only then upgrade but make a
> backup/clone of your working drive first. If you find something you missed
> you can then go back to the way it was before you broke it.
> I have found many things I like about Lion and just as many that I hate
> about it.
> Lion thinks we are all idiots and should not ever know how to do anything
> for ourselves.
>
> $2,500 for a new iMac and $1,500 for new software upgrades just to get
> back to what I could already do before the G5 blew up.
> Good thing is I may save the G5 after all, just a power supply at $200 for
> a new one I get it back.
>
> Dave
>
> On Dec 4, 2011, at 7:20 PM, Stanley Katz wrote:
>
> > Thanks Terry, I appreciate your input.
> > Stan
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm not in love with Lion. I have it in two computers. I still have
> Snow
> > > Leopard on one computer which I still like the most. The lack of scroll
> > > bars in Lion still gives me fits. You can set the prefs so they
> display...a
> > > little but I have trouble with my eyes and find them hard to see. For
> me
> > > Hand Brake doesn't work well running Lion. If you like way the Mail
> > > displays on iPads you can have that on Lion. I have mine set for the
> > > "classic"way though. The Gestures was kind of fun to play with and I
> bought
> > > a Magic Track Pad so I could play with that on my big desktop computer
> but
> > > soon pulled out my mouse when the gimmicky part gestures wore off. I
> have
> > > not used Gestures on my laptop with Lion.
> > >
> > > Terry
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPad
> > >
> > > On Dec 4, 2011, at 9:21 AM, "StanleyK" <sgkatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Currently own a 4 year old Macbook.
> > > > Do I need the new Lion?
> > > > If so, what are the major benefits?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment