Off To Hawaii (And It Is Not Me)

With No Deal, Obama Heads To Hawaii -- Washington Post

With financial negotiations all but halted, President Obama was headed out of Washington on Friday evening for his annual winter vacation in Hawaii.

Obama is likely to have a short trip this year; aides said he is scheduled to return Wednesday, a day after Christmas, to resume discussions with congressional leaders on how to avert the fiscal cliff.

“Merry Christmas – because we didn’t get this done, I’ll see you next week,” Obama said after telling reporters he still had hope of striking a deal to prevent taxes from rising on the middle class next year.

Read more
....

My Comment: Fiscal cliff, massive budget deficits, sequestration, looming recession, Syrian civil war, Egypt in crisis, Afghanistan war, rise of Al Qaeda in Africa, rise of China, Euro crisis continuing, etc., etc., etc., .... shesshhhh .... and the media gave President Bush grief when he played a round of golf during his Presidency.

Bias in the media .... nah.

On a side note .... I have a small confession to make .... I love Hawaii. It is my favorite vacation destination and the place that I hope to live during the winter months. As it is right now .... I live in Montreal, Canada .... and .... sighhhhh .... it is -7 Celsius right now. Yup .... I am jealous. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment