Re: [MacBook] MS Office Access

Not true. You already own a copy of Windows, and 8 can be installed on
Parallels as a bare drive.
Bob

On Thursday, January 3, 2013, wrote:

> **
>
>
> Actually...
>
> The link takes you to a Windows 8 site, but the $40 is for an upgrade.
>
> If your MAC does not have Windows on it, the usual cost is in the low
> $100.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jonathon M. Johnson
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rocky" rocky_35_35@yahoo.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> 'rocky_35_35%40yahoo.com');>>
> To: macbook@yahoogroups.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> 'macbook%40yahoogroups.com');>
> Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:47:35 AM
> Subject: [MacBook] Re: MS Office Access
>
> You should have no issue then, Mike. I am not a Windows 8 fan but I did
> install Office 2010 on a Win 8 PC recently and all was well. someone else
> said Win 8 avail from MS for 40 so that sounds like a good deal as long as
> Parallels works with 8. You can install the OS via download from MS and
> Office via your drive. So Parallels, Windows OS, Office install in that
> sequence. Win 8 includes Windows Defender so you will not need to get
> another VP for your Windows install.
>
> Have fun!
>
> --- In macbook@yahoogroups.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> 'macbook%40yahoogroups.com');> , "mike.pinder@..." wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Rocky, I have 8GB of memory and I've been looking online at youtube
> videos about Bootcamp but that seems too complicated for me at the moment.
> So, I think the Parallels method will be the one I go for.
> > However, I do not have installation discs for my Windows 7. But I have
> the Microsoft Office 2010 discs.
> > Do I understand correctly: I have to buy Parallels and install that.
> Then buy a PC version of Windows 7 (I think I would rather have Window 8
> but that is not available other than an upgrade is it?) Once I've installed
> those I then install the Office 2010. And I can install them via the
> external DVD drive I've just bought.
> > Thanks for your advice
> > Mike
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


--
-Bob


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
macbook-digest@yahoogroups.com
macbook-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
macbook-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

0 comments:

Post a Comment