Re: [MacBook] Re: MS Office Access

 

Actually...

The link takes you to a Windows 8 site, but the $40 is for an upgrade.

If your MAC does not have Windows on it, the usual cost is in the low $100.

Cheers

Jonathon M. Johnson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocky" rocky_35_35@yahoo.com>
To: macbook@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:47:35 AM
Subject: [MacBook] Re: MS Office Access

You should have no issue then, Mike. I am not a Windows 8 fan but I did install Office 2010 on a Win 8 PC recently and all was well. someone else said Win 8 avail from MS for 40 so that sounds like a good deal as long as Parallels works with 8. You can install the OS via download from MS and Office via your drive. So Parallels, Windows OS, Office install in that sequence. Win 8 includes Windows Defender so you will not need to get another VP for your Windows install.

Have fun!

--- In macbook@yahoogroups.com , "mike.pinder@..." wrote:
>
>
>
> Rocky, I have 8GB of memory and I've been looking online at youtube videos about Bootcamp but that seems too complicated for me at the moment. So, I think the Parallels method will be the one I go for.
> However, I do not have installation discs for my Windows 7. But I have the Microsoft Office 2010 discs.
> Do I understand correctly: I have to buy Parallels and install that. Then buy a PC version of Windows 7 (I think I would rather have Window 8 but that is not available other than an upgrade is it?) Once I've installed those I then install the Office 2010. And I can install them via the external DVD drive I've just bought.
> Thanks for your advice
> Mike
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment