[MacBook] Re: IPad vs. Kindle etc.?

 

If you are limited to getting one device, I would make it an iPad 3. Its retina display makes for a superb reading experience and there is a white on black mode available for the Kindle app in case you are light sensitive when using backlit devices for an extended time. In order for the iPad to be continually useful at home, you should also install a wireless router there.

The ideal combination would be the $79 e-ink Kindle AND the iPad. The e-ink Kindle is superb in brightly lit situations, including sunshine, is lightweight, and easier to hold for long periods of reading.

Mary

---------------------
Carol wrote:
Can someone please point me to a comparison of the iPad vs. Kindle and
similar devices?

I'll be taking a train ride (3 days each way) and want to be able to read
without lugging lots of books. Not sure whether the train will have wifi
but if I'm somewhere that does, I'd like to be able to check my email.
Apparently some Kindle-like devices have this capability. One question
is which devices can run for 3 days without needing a new charge.

If I get something that can connect to the net, I'd like to be able to
use it at home too. I have used Macs since the 80s but always with a
modem cable (have DSL now) so I'm pretty clueless about wirelessness.
What would I need to be able to use an iPad/whatever?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment