[MacBook] MacBook problem

 

Will toss this one out to the group. If I could this thing to at least semi-boot up, I could progress from there:

- I have a 13" MacBook, originally running Snow Leopard

- Upgraded about 6 weeks ago to Lion, friend sent me an install DVD. He had 5 licenses so it was a freebie for me. Maybe should have waited for the bugs to be worked out of it.

- No problems until about a week ago, then I noticed when waking from sleep there was no screen brightness. I had to hold down the brightness key, then bring it all the way back up to normal brightness and from there no problem

- I changed the sleep settings to never sleep

- The other day I shut it down. It would not boot back up. Hung in a continual loop. That is you could hear the start up sound, see the Apple logo on the gray screen, also the little cog just kept running, and which I never saw before an oblong bar. Which would load it seemed, maybe a quarter of the way.

- I was able to boot up in safe mode and also re-install mode. When in reinstall mode I tried to do a disc repair, but it came back saying "keys out of order. Then "disc can not be repaired". I tried to reinstall Lion but got no further than "disk locked."

- At some time after that it would not boot at all. No gray screen, nothing. I could hear the disk running and trying to boot but the screen was black. Power light on.

Using another SL MacBook so not in a panic mode, just an agitated mode. Anything of importance was backed up. Losing nothing other than use of the computer, which I really liked. First one, 2.5 years in the world of Mac.

I think with a Mac one can expect more than 2-3 years from a simple laptop. The problem is probably Lion. Just don't know.

Anyway, this group has always been spot on for fixing 'stuff'.

Ron

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment