Re: [MacBook] MacBook problem

 

Reinstall SL is what I would do
On Sep 15, 2011 1:48 PM, "Ron" <rondragotta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will toss this one out to the group. If I could this thing to at least
semi-boot up, I could progress from there:
>
> - I have a 13" MacBook, originally running Snow Leopard
>
> - Upgraded about 6 weeks ago to Lion, friend sent me an install DVD. He
had 5 licenses so it was a freebie for me. Maybe should have waited for the
bugs to be worked out of it.
>
> - No problems until about a week ago, then I noticed when waking from
sleep there was no screen brightness. I had to hold down the brightness key,
then bring it all the way back up to normal brightness and from there no
problem
>
> - I changed the sleep settings to never sleep
>
> - The other day I shut it down. It would not boot back up. Hung in a
continual loop. That is you could hear the start up sound, see the Apple
logo on the gray screen, also the little cog just kept running, and which I
never saw before an oblong bar. Which would load it seemed, maybe a quarter
of the way.
>
> - I was able to boot up in safe mode and also re-install mode. When in
reinstall mode I tried to do a disc repair, but it came back saying "keys
out of order. Then "disc can not be repaired". I tried to reinstall Lion but
got no further than "disk locked."
>
> - At some time after that it would not boot at all. No gray screen,
nothing. I could hear the disk running and trying to boot but the screen was
black. Power light on.
>
> Using another SL MacBook so not in a panic mode, just an agitated mode.
Anything of importance was backed up. Losing nothing other than use of the
computer, which I really liked. First one, 2.5 years in the world of Mac.
>
> I think with a Mac one can expect more than 2-3 years from a simple
laptop. The problem is probably Lion. Just don't know.
>
> Anyway, this group has always been spot on for fixing 'stuff'.
>
> Ron
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment