Re: [MacBook] How to 'clean' Mac book pro?

 

While I appreciate comments here, I don't feel he "went off like a bomb," and in fact he is right. And of course you offered some good advice as well.

On the "defray" issue, for example, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1375. If you feel that Apple's advice is wrong, then you need to explain why your steps are necessary and why a relatively inexperienced user should take your advice instead of Apple's. People often come to lists like these after getting the Apple official line, and giving contradictory advice without explaining why is counterproductive, IMHO.

The internet is full of scary advice designed to trick people into either wasting money on their computers or taking actions that would only make things worse; indeed, those tactics are more of a threat to Mac users than viruses ever have been. In that environment I can understand why someone would react as they did to your post; I might have been calmer about it, but I'd suggest we just switch the discussion to the merits of the advice.

Should be a lively debate.

Rob
On Sep 15, 2011, at 4:39 AM, T wrote:

> No reason to go off like a bomb...
>
> Dave, please replace the word
> "virus"
> in my post with
> "virus- and wormlike malware and trojans".
>
> The remaining observations and advises are written from the viewpoint and experiences of a Software Engineer.
> I think I made it clear that you just can use your Mac without any maintenance. I just thought I could write an answer going 'deeper' for the people willing to go beyond the Documents-folder.
>
> Anyone else offended?
> Should I just stop posting here?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment